Wednesday, July 14, 2010

nut butters are my jam, a micro entry.

(Special thanks to a dear friend, JC, for providing this evening's entertainment. A present that made its way all the way from Thailand to North Dakota to Kentucky!)

Macadamia Nut Spread, a product of Thailand.

So I get this delicious macadamia spread in the mail and I think to myself, "what's the quickest and most delicious way I can prepare and consume this?" Anyone else love toast and Nutella? Thought so. Nuked some leftover ganache, toasted some toasting  bread, buttered, and spread on the macadamia. Ooowee, it was good! I may or may not be having this for dessert the rest of the week.

In honor of summer, backyard produce, and warm weather friends, here are some pictures I have stashed from this month:

Our cherry tomato plant has literally EXPLODED. Chucking ripe AND green tomatoes at us, to boot.

 Hah! I bet you didn't think you'd be on here TWICE, now did ya, Adam?

 
Well, that's all for tonight. I hope to share my love of nuts and chocolate with everyone I meet, so it's imperative that I get that out in the blog air, too. Enjoy the summer weather when you can, folks!

4 comments:

Mama Nelson said...

Thanks JC for the thoughtful gift, I enjoyed tasting the macadamia spread....and all the other entries on this blog....I saw this on the wall of a donut shop this morning (yes I did have a donut today, I don't know why but I'm fast developing a sweet tooth) "Life is sweet, take a bite"...or something to that effect. I better go back to get the quote right. Mama Nelson

Aunt Lori said...

Libby and I are enjoying the thunderstorms and your blog up at the cabin!
Love you, Aunt Lori

KennaKae said...

Aren't those new windows perfect for watching thunderstorms? :)

Unknown said...

The windows are great! I have to say, Kenna, reading your blog and seeing your wonderful photos has made me want to cook more. Sometime soon you are going to have to show me all your neat tricks! You should also make a copy of your favorite recipes to leave up here for everyone to enjoy ;D